To enable instructions, click the video and select “CC”.
Video Tutorial: How to Clean Your Marvel Beer Dispenser
Did you know it’s good practice to clean your beer dispenser regularly to prevent foul-tasting beer? Watch the video as Bob the Beer Engineer demonstrates how to properly clean your Marvel Beer Dispenser with a Tap Cleaning Kit, or follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Cleaning Your Kegerator: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Remove keg to begin.
- Close gas valve below regulator.
- Push and rotate coupler counterclockwise to detach from keg.
- Pull coupler pin to release pressure.
- Remove plastic hose clamps with needle nose pliers, and detach red hose line.
- Remove plastic hose clamps from beer line, and detach from coupler, using twisting and pulling motion to release.
- Use spanner wrench provided in the Tap Cleaning Kit to remove the faucet. Place wrench pin into faucet collar hole and turn clockwise.
- Remove tap handle and set aside.
- Open cleaning solution provided in the Tap Cleaning Kit and place half scoop into the mixing bottle.
- Fill mixing bottle halfway with water, and shake carefully until thoroughly mixed.
- Attach cleaner hose by rotating faucet collar counterclockwise.
- Pump to inject cleaning solution through tap lines, and after all solution has cleared through the lines, remove cleaner hose from the faucet tower.
- Clean grate and top sump area with soapy water and dry.
- Unscrew faucet assembly and soak in hot water.
- Use the brush provided in the Tap Cleaning Kit to scrub stuck-on grime, and allow the parts to dry.
- Scrub coupler with hot water and let dry.
- Reassemble tap faucet, and reattach to tower. Tighten with spanner wrench, and screw on tap handle. (Make sure it’s pushed back.)
- Reattach red gas line and plastic hose clamps to coupler, and snap clamps into place with pliers.
- Reattach beer line and plastic hose clamps, securing clamps with pliers.
- Now you’re ready for a fresh keg!