Looking for a new twist on traditional cranberry sauce for the holidays? This homemade cranberry sauce recipe adds an invigorating infusion of fresh mint flavor.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 bag (12 oz) cranberries, fresh
- 1 bunch mint, fresh
- In a saucepan, add sugar, orange juice, zest, ginger and nutmeg and simmer until dissolved.
- Add berries, and simmer for 30 minutes until berries have popped and sauce has thickened. (Hint: if you have an AGA cast iron range, transfer the saucepan to the simmering oven and relax for 30 minutes.)
- Chop mint leaves and add just before serving.
Source: Katherine Vest